The Hector is our proven dedicated tramping/treking dream pack – featuring genuine c-canvas, a single compartment and a comfortable, modular harness system.
Honed by our collective decades of experience in the New Zealand backcountry, the Hector has more of what you want (strength, comfort, simplicity) with less of what you don’t (weight, things-to-go-wrong complexity, feature-bloat).
The removable lid allows you to keep valuable items close by in a hut, can be used as a pillow and includes a security pocket. We even include straps to convert the lid to a bandolier bag for your map, camera, waterbottle and jacket - perfect for the summit assault or that end-of-day sunset photography side trip.
- True c-canvas fabric – be wary of imitations
- Front pockets with vertical zip for easy access
- Removable lid – doubles as a pillow, triples as a close-at-hand security store and quadruples as a shoulder bag
- Three dimensionally formed framesheet – keeping the weight tightly fixed to your back
- Seamless front panel ensures water resistance
- Colour: Black/Blue
- Sizes: 2,3,4
- Volume: 65 Litres
- Weight: 2920 Grams (without lid 2580 grams)
- Fabrics: C-Canvas, C-1000n6, C-210n6, C-Aircell, NZ origin foams
- Our pack fabrics have an internal water proof coating and an external DWR coating. For increased longevity of these coatings we do not recommend machine washing
- Brush dirt from the product while still dry
- Hand wash in cold or warm water using mild detergent or pure soap - preferably one that's nice to the earth
- Close zips while washing (they'll last longer), you can also lightly oil or wax zips periodically to increase their lifespan
- Drip dry without creases
|Cactus Large Pack Sizing Chart||2||3||4|
|Backlength range - measure from the top of the shoulder where you would wear the shoulder strap to the top of your hip bone.||CM||30 - 37||35 - 42||40 - 47|
|Inches||12 - 14.5||14 - 16.5||15.5 - 18.5|
Customer Reviews:email@example.com (Friday, 12 November 2010)
Took a risk and bought one off the website without seeing it in real life first...... I've finally found the pack I want to spend the rest of my life with!
The Hector is the best pack I've ever used. Perfect amount of features, no annoying straps and unnecessary buckles or zips. Love the detachable lid and the big storm throat so I can carry a big load of gear/meat if I need to. The ha
ess is comfy, the profile is good for bush bashing, and the construction is what you'd expect from this company. Thanks again Cactus